FROM DR. DAVID MUNSON
As the president of RIT, I am constantly looking for ways to assess how we are performing as an institution. Given that you [or your child] decided not to return to RIT this fall, I would like to understand your impressions and experiences from the previous year so that we can continuously improve.
We have partnered with Crossroads Insights, a regional market research company, to conduct a series of discussion sessions to hear your perspectives. Thank you in advance for participating!
Info & FAQs
SESSION DATE & TIME
- All sessions will take place at various times, Nov. 15-16
- Crossroads Insights (and Research Narrative) will email you the time, date, and login for your specific session
- Remember to account for your local time zone!
- We will also aim to follow-up with you by phone or text
PREPARATION & TECH
- To participate online in a videochat focus group session, you must have access to a computer or cell phone with video and microphone/speaker capabilities
- You will need WiFi (or ethernet) that can support video-streaming, and the ability to participate from a quiet and stable location. (You cannot be walking, driving, or otherwise multitasking)
- To participate, you should (and may need) to install Zoom video-calling app on your device ahead of time. This software is free, popular, and quite easy to use. The basic, free version is 100% sufficient.
- If you’re one of the 500M+ people who already have Zoom, great! Just open the app ahead of time to see if it needs to perform any automatic updates.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE
- A parent and former student from the same household may both participate in their own, separate sessions.
- Only one parent (at a time) from a household may participate in any one session.
- If another parent from the same household would also like to participate, we may be able to accommodate him/her in a separate session or event. Please let our team know as soon as possible if this is the case. Thanks!
ARRIVAL AND LOGIN
- We will send you a meeting link by email ahead of time
- If you have already installed Zoom (see above), you will be able to join the call simply by clicking your meeting link and following the prompts
- We ask you to join the meeting at precisely the time we scheduled with you in advance.
- This prescheduled time already includes a dedicated 15 minutes to check you in and get you set up
- Those 15 minutes are important. You must arrive at that prescheduled time, or we may not be able to accommodate you joining
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Once it begins, each focus group session will last one hour
- Groups are small (6-8 people)
- Your moderator will lead the group through discussion
- Be honest and have fun!
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
- Your focus group will be recorded. By participating, you agree to be recorded and understand that these recordings may be shared with both our research team and with select members of the RIT administration.
- You will NOT be required to disclose your full identity (e.g., We will only call you by your first name).
- Video will be kept confidential to the team conducting this research and will NOT be shared outside of our research team and key members of the RIT administration.
AFTER THE SESSION
- You will receive the stated honorarium (a digital gift card) upon completion of your session
- This will be delivered by email within 1-2 weeks following your session.
- And ideally, you will leave your session with the satisfaction of knowing that your voice and perspectives were heard!
Should you need to contact us, the best way is by email. You may simply reply to any email our team at Crossroads Insights has previously sent to you. Or, you may email: Lisa@crossroadsinsights.com